about: post grad lifestyle blogger who cannot commit to a blog if her life depended on it

past blogs: food - travel

social media: facebook - instagram

June 9, 2014

Weekend WrapUp: Fireworks, Netflix, Little Mermaid

Working full time has made me appreciate weekends (aka FREEDOM) significantly more. With a car and extra money in my pocket, my free time has definitely gotten more action.

Friday: Extremely unproductive day at work. Our lab leader brought us together for a little powwow which involved catching up and consumption of his delicious home brew. Needless to say, any attempt at work after that was futile. Leaving a little earlier than usual, I battled traffic on my way to Pomona to visit BT. After fueling ourselves with tacos and Thai, we headed for CSU Pomona's 75th anniversary celebration. It was on a smaller scale than UCSD with minimal amount of free food but ended with some spectacular fireworks.



Saturday: Takeout from our favorite brunch place Kickback Jack's and hours in bed watching season 2 of Orange is the New Black was the epitome of a relaxing Saturday. Needing some fresh air, we headed to the market (Trader Joe's) for some sustenance and strolled around a park in Claremont. I threw together a sausage, tomato, arugula pasta with the help of my sous chef, and it didn't taste too bad!



Sunday: Due to Friday's hiccup, I spent most of the day working. Luckily, I had plans to go to the ballet to cheer me up. My lovely little cousin Cecilia was performing in her ballet school's production of "The Little Mermaid". It was filled with tons of adorable and talented ballerinas twirling in their bright colored dresses. We finished the night with a satisfying dinner at Sam Woo.

Monday (BONUS): So basically the day was mainly spent WERKING. Afterwards, John Tran and I weakly attempted physical activity by walking around Mile Square. We celebrated our attempt with a surprisingly delicious meal at CPK. No pictures because I am horrible at remembering to take them.

xoxo,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment