about: post grad lifestyle blogger who cannot commit to a blog if her life depended on it

past blogs: food - travel

social media: facebook - instagram

May 28, 2014

Destination: Greece

Starting off the first post with some blog worthy news. 
I booked my ticket a couple days ago and it has been a roller coaster of emotions. From stress to relief to excitement, you name it. The trip isn't until September but I want to share some helpful websites/tips and my personal preparation in upcoming posts. For now, here are my top reasons why you should throw your inhibitions to the wind and travel.


“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
“Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Scott Cameron
Have you ever thought about how big the Earth is? It would be such a shame not to enjoy the splendor of every continent especially since you gain a new perspective and appreciation for everything and everyone around you.  

“I met a lot of people in Europe. I even encountered myself.” – James Baldwin
Europe holds a special place in my heart from AP Euro in high school to studying abroad my sophomore year. I have been extremely fortunate to visit Germany (Berlin, Kassel), France (Paris), Czech Republic (Prague), Switzerland (Zurich), and Spain (Barcelona). I can personally say that drinking cocoa underneath a twinkling Eiffel Tower or hiking up Parc Guell is truly breathtaking. 


“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
This quote should not only apply to travel but life in general.  Think more carpe diem and less YOLO, make the most out of your life but don't be reckless. If you make travel a priority, you could be the one jet-setting across the globe instead of liking it on Instagram. 

And finally wise words from a great Greek himself,
“Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aristotle 

xoxo,


A


No comments:

Post a Comment