about: post grad lifestyle blogger who cannot commit to a blog if her life depended on it

past blogs: food - travel

social media: facebook - instagram

June 11, 2014

Thrifty Haul: Summertime Gladness

My favorite type of videos to watch on Youtube have naturally been fashion/beauty/food hauls. There's something thrilling about finding a shopping soul sister or lusting after pieces that would burn a hole through your wallet. I dub my version "thrifty" because I almost always buy items at a discount. My motto when shopping is based off the the TJ Maxx/Marshalls slogan, "never pay full price for fabulous". 
(Note: Prices after markdown noted in caption) 

Papers and Peonies:
The flagship store was closing down, and the entire stock was marked 50% off. It was pretty picked over once my bestie Cathy and I got there, but I managed to nab a black skater skirt and tribal scarf.
$4.50 scarf+$8 skirt
Yankee Candle:
Cathy and I headed to Irvine Spectrum to pick up some last minute necessities for her weekend trip to Vegas. The sales were pretty dismal but we did score some car fresheners for less than $2! (retail price $5.49) And it wasn't a weird or seasonal smell either.

American Eagle Outfitters/Aerie
I have been loving AE lately making purchases at least once a month. It is my go-to store because 1) fits my girly yet simple style and 2) SALES ON SALES. They have come a long way from the preppy polos with obnoxious eagle emblem (which I coveted in my younger naive years). I purchased two bikini sets in preparation for my upcoming Greece trip. I really like that the top is lightly lined and comes in "bra" sizes. The bottoms I picked had a slight high waisted fit. 
$37 (left)+$22 (right)
H&M:
Although the huge summer sale was just commencing, nothing much caught my eye. I did score this dirt cheap men's XS tee which I plan on converting into a muscle tee. This light cotton dress has the cutest ditsy floral pattern. With my $6 Wrapp coupon, it was a great purchase. 
$5 
$15

Despite the fatigue from a full day of work, shopping on a weekday is pretty nice: no crowds and fully stocked merchandise. I snapped some pictures from my recent trip to South Coast Plaza (edited on my iPhone, no need for VSCO!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment